OCTOBER 13th, 14th & 15th, 2023
(Set-up by Noon on Friday – Food Vendors usually open at noon!)
SATURDAY: 10AM-11PM • SUNDAY: Noon-5PM
OKTOBERFEST EVENT POLICY
1. Placement of the booths will be at the discretion of the Oktoberfest Committee.
2. No participant will be allowed to set-up without a signed and dated application and liability release, available in the online application.
3. The Committee reserves the right to revoke and refuse to grant space at any time, without recourse by the participant. The Committee shall not be liable to anyone for this action.
4. Oktoberfest is a “rain or shine” event. If the event closes due to weather, vendors are not allowed to leave the festival until an announcement has been made by the Oktoberfest Committee. The committee reserves the right to refuse vendors from returning to the festival the following year if they leave before the committee’s weather announcement.
5. Booth space will be granted to those wishing to express religious, moral or political opinions at the discretion of the Oktoberfest Committee. Only materials that have been approved by the Committee will be allowed for distribution. Displaying information within the festival area that has not been approved by the Committee will result in expulsion from the event without recourse or refund.
6. Food, Commercial, and Non-Profit vendors are required to provide a Certificate of Insurance naming HDDA Oktoberfest 2023 as additionally insured. Kids Fest vendors will be notified if insurance is required. Craft vendors do not have a insurance requirement.
7. Signage for each booth must be limited to the group or business name only. Promotion and/or marketing materials are not allowed outside booth area unless approved by Oktoberfest Committee.
8. Participants may display or sell only the items that have been specifically approved by the Committee.
9. No boom boxes or recorded music will be allowed in booth areas, with the exception of entertainment provided/approved by the Oktoberfest Committee.
10. No exclusive rights for the sale of any item will be granted.
11. No alcohol (including beer and wine) may be served or sold by any Oktoberfest vendors other than the beverage vendors approved by the Oktoberfest Committee.
12. The Oktoberfest Committee has the right to ask anyone to leave the festival at any time for any reason.
The City of Hickory is a North Carolina Main Street community, designated by the N.C. Department of Commerce Main Street & Rural Planning Center. Hickory Downtown Development Association is charged with administering the program at the local level and building public-private partnerships to spur economic development that achieves measurable results such as investment, business growth, and job creation.
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, Hickory Downtown Development Association is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities that share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by Main Street America.
©2023 Hickory Downtown Development Association